Why do we respond to colours and music? Why do we have better memories of something …
NEWS & EVENTS:
CPCD Program Speech Contest 2013
The inaugural Continuous Personal & Career Development (CPCD) Program Speech Contest 2013 culminated with nine shortlisted contestants competing for the coveted title of ‘CPCD Speech Contest Champion’ on 12 December 2013. All nine finalists were eagerly eyeing a top 3 place that came with attractive prizes and trophies. A Challenge Trophy was also up for grabs, which the winner is able to take back to the centre to be proudly displayed.
The nine finalists who qualified from the preliminary rounds were
- Ms. Selvi Mohan (R.E.A.L Kids Kg. Tunku)
- Ms. Julaila (R.E.A.L Kids TTDI)
- Ms. Elaine Tan (R.E.A.L Kids Bandar Puteri Puchong)
- Ms. Elizabeth Tan (R.E.A.L Kids USJ 12)
- Ms. Parimala (R.E.A.L Kids Plus Shah Alam)
- Ms. Thilagavathy (R.E.A.L Kids Plus Cahaya Campus)
- Ms. Moganes (R.E.A.L Kids Wangsa Melawati)
- Ms. Mala (Cambridge Children’s House BTHO)
- Ms. Villona (R.E.A.L Kids Kajang Prima
The above speakers, who are the current cream of the crop from R.E.A.L Kids, presented their well-crafted speeches with confidence and gusto. Spurred on by the cheers, support and encouragement from the audience, the speakers gave it their all in a tight but thoroughly entertaining contest. At the end of the day, the panel of judges had the unenviable task of deciding who would finish in the top 3 and who would emerge as champion. With the scores tabulated and checked, the much-anticipated FINAL results were announced as follows:
- Champion – Ms. Villona from R.E.A.L Kids Kajang Prima with her winning speech, ‘Vision and Mission with a Great Change’
- 1st Runner-Up – Ms. Selvi from R.E.A.L Kids Kg. Tunku with ‘The Soup of Love’
- 2nd Runner-Up – Ms. Julaila from R.E.A.L Kids TTDI with ‘The Journey of Teaching’
The crowning of the first ever CPCD Speech Contest champion and winning centre saw history being made. The aim however, is NOT to stop here but to continue making history. At the end of the day, everyone went home a winner. All speakers were winners in their own right for having the courage and competence to represent their respective centres while those who had the privilege of witnessing the speeches were winners as well; as they saw first-hand, the benefits of CPCD whilst enjoying stories that made them laugh and even moved to tears.
The CPCD Program is a public speaking program which uses the Toastmasters model to cultivate peer learning and growth for each individual who desires to develop themselves in their career and personal lives. Through the platform of speaking on topics related to the Five R.E.A.L Pillars, Mission and Vision of R.E.A.L, Code of Honour, as well as those that are Inspirational and/or Motivational in nature; every staff would have the opportunity to learn from each other and continue to improve oneself.
Transformation often requires a complete change in appearance or character. This makes it profoundly personal; focusing …
Values define who we are. Whether by nature or nurture, having a set of core values …
The students and teachers of R.E.A.L International School, Shah Alam Campus were transported back in time …