The students and teachers of R.E.A.L International School, Shah Alam Campus were transported back in time …
NEWS & EVENTS:
CPCD Program Speech Contest 2014
The second edition of the Continuous Personal & Career Development (CPCD) Program Speech Contest culminated with eight shortlisted contestants competing for the coveted title of ‘CPCD Speech Contest Champion’ on 12 September 2014. All eight finalists were eagerly vying a Top 3 spot that came with lucrative prizes and trophies. A Challenge Trophy was also up for grabs, which the winner is able to take back to the centre to be proudly displayed.
The eight finalists who qualified from the preliminary rounds of their respective zones were:
- Ms. Nasib Kaur (R.E.A.L Kids USJ 2)
- Ms. Sukhdev Kaur (R.E.A.L Kids Sunway)
- Ms. Frances Lilian Augustine (R.E.A.L Kids Kg. Tunku)
- Ms. Azna Fettie (R.E.A.L Kids Kota Damansara)
- En. Mohamad Akram (R.E.A.L Kids Plus Bkt. Jelutong)
- Ms. Fara Azira Fazli (R.E.A.L Kids Bukit Subang)
- Ms. Nurzulfah Raidah (R.E.A.L Kids Ampang)
- Ms. Thangamary Sinnappan (R.E.A.L Kids Tmn. Cuepacs)
The above speakers, who are the current cream of the crop of R.E.A.L Kids, presented their well‐ crafted speeches with zest and confidence. Spurred on by the cheers, support and encouragement from the audience, the speakers gave it their best shot in a tightly‐contested but enjoyable contest. Once the dust had settled, the panel of judges had the unenviable task of determining who would finish in the Top 3 and who would emerge as champion. With the scores collated and verified, the much‐awaited FINAL results were announced as follows:
- Champion – Ms. Nurzulfah Raidah from R.E.A.L Kids Ampang with her winning speech, ‘It Takes 2 to Tango’
- 1st Runner‐Up – En. Mohamad Akram from R.E.A.L Kids Bkt. Jelutong with ‘Because of R.E.A.L’
- 2nd Runner‐Up – Ms. Frances Lilian Augustine from R.E.A.L Kids Kg. Tunku with ‘Maggie of Chavara Thekkumbhagam’
This round of the annual CPCD Speech Contest saw an increase in the quality and competitive level of the speakers. Hence, the competition had achieved its aim of promoting personal development amongst R.E.A.L staff. Rather than resting on our laurels, the aim is to continue making history. At the end of the contest, everyone went home a winner. All speakers were winners in their own right for having the courage and capability to represent their respective centres while those who had the privilege of witnessing the speeches were winners too; as they saw first‐hand, the benefits of CPCD whilst enjoying stories that made them laugh and even moved to tears.
The CPCD Program is a public speaking program which uses the Toastmasters model to cultivate peer learning and growth for each individual who desires to develop themselves in their career and personal lives. Through the platform of speaking on topics related to the R.E.A.L Core Values (5Cs), Mission and Vision of R.E.A.L, Code of Honour, as well as those that are Inspirational and/or
Motivational in nature; every staff would have the opportunity to learn from each other and continue to improve oneself.
Every year, eight million metric tons of plastic end up floating in our oceans; polluting waters …
The Circus is in Town! This year's edition of the R.E.A.L Kids Fun Camp in March …
Well done to Team Aegis from R.E.A.L Schools, Shah Alam Campus for bagging 1st Prize at …